Thursday, August 26, 2010

OH my She&Him LOVE! Zooey Deschanel I love you more than life itself.


“I would say all my influences are older, more classic songwriters,” Deschanel elaborates, “from Cole Porter and Gershwin to Carole King and Roy Orbison and Bobbie Gentry. People always expect you to be a fan of what’s happening now, but the things I gravitate toward are older and more worn.”
Not only is she beautiful and a great actress she is now also a musician! Some people have all the talent! I absolutely LOVE their their website! It's gorgeous! She teamed up with Musician Matt Ward and after Reading this it sounds like they make a smashing pair:

'Zooey Deschanel and Matt Ward are as comfortable and complementary a musical pair as Les Paul and Mary Ford; hearing them again on Volume Two feels like getting together with two old friends. This time, the harmonies have grown more angelically layered, the string arrangements more dramatic, the songwriting even sharper and more confident. But, as with Volume One, the prevailing mood is bittersweet, dreamy, and romantic.'
Look at these beautiful collages. I'm in love, and I am more than happy to have a new obsession.





1 comment:

  1. i <3 she&him....they always bring sunshine to my day....sigh, if only i could find their cd :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!x