Wednesday, August 4, 2010

EEEEK peach pizza I want in my face!

This post is dedicated to my lovely boyfriend Ricki, not only as a love ode but maybe also as a little hint (evil!evil!)

I found this recipe on Poppytalk on how to make an AMAZING pizza topped with peach and basil!! YUMYUMYUM! It's originally from a fab blog called Everbody likes Sandwiches! I think I may be an INSTANT fan! Jeannette Ordas dishes out yummy and innovative recipes and claims to be 'an uncomplicated journal about food... not just sandwiches.'

YUM YUM YUM!!!



So here's the secret to the world of delicious:

Peach, Basil & Escarole Pizza
your favorite pizza dough (homemade or fresh from a bakery/market)
2 T cornmeal
2 T olive oil
1/4-1/2 head of escarole, torn to bits
1 large handful of basil, torn to bits
2 peaches, cut into slices
flaky salt & freshly ground pepper
1/2 c mozzarella, cut into small chunks

Preheat oven to 425F. After your pizza dough has risen, use 1 tablespoon of olive oil to grease up a walled cookie sheet. I use my hands for this. Sprinkle sheet with cornmeal and then push out or roll out your pizza dough until it spreads to all 4 corners.

Evenly scatter escarole, basil and peaches over the top of the dough. Sprinkle with salt and a few good hefty grinds of black pepper. Add mozzarella over top and gently spill the remaining olive oil over top. Place in oven and heat for about 15-20 minutes or until the cheese gets bubbly and the crust becomes golden. Slice and eat hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!x