Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I have found the most beautiful quilt in the world!!

'This piece was begun several years before it was finished. It is entirely hand pieced,
hand embellished and quilted. The centerpiece is made from furrowed hand dyed
silk stitched down with glass beads and perle cotton.

An intensely feminine and voluptuous piece. Everything is curved, including the edge. The colouring is soft and pastel - the center is fluttery and frilly, reminiscent of the image Edouard Manet painted of Suzon at the bar at Folies Bergère in Paris.'

I love this painting! It's my most favourite ever!

When I was working in London at Somerset House this painting was housed at the Courtauld Institute Gallery, which was part of the trust. Therefore I got to go see it whenever I wanted (and for free, wink wink). I have very fond memories of this painting and find the story behind it fascinating. I actually think I identify with Suzon. Read more about her here, it's totally worth it!

The price you ask? $2,250.00, I suppose it's fair considering it was Hand done (painstakingly I'm sure), embellished with glass beads, and quilted to form a fractal! Have lots of cash?

Get it here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!x