Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My absence.

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, hmmm. However in the bogging world it just may not be so :) I'm so sorry i've been really quiet! Things have been super hectic for me!

There's the long and the short, but rather than biting off too much to chew, i'll stick to the short.

So i have recently left the world of advertising and my super awesome agency Metropolitanrepublic, well its been 2 months to be exact!

In those 2 months I have started my own little online media management company helping small brands build their online social media presence, so running their facebook pages and twitter accounts. It's a learning process and I really am having so much fun, but with that comes the stress of setting up a business, doing estimates, invoicing, design, my own copy (shoowee), stress at home, on the money front, it isn't easy. However this is path I have chosen and damn i'm going to give it my freekin all.

As well as doing that i'm in the process of getting www.nicefind.co.za up and running, you can go and have a look but it is still such a work in process! My true love is upcycling, secondhand, vintage and good old hand me downs! I have my Etsy shop up and running http://www.etsy.com/shop/verynicefind, I must admit I havent put the love into it that it so deserves, but it's all part of my mission. My Facebook page is getting there,  but it needs ALOT more love than it's getting.

Sometimes it feels like I have so much to do and it gets so overwhelming, but I'm starting to make progress! It's diffucult hitting the road and deciding to do it on your own. Everyday I think of turning around and taking the easier, well manicured path... the path that your parents tell you to take, that 9-5 (in advertising 9 till forever!) and that awesome paycheck on the 25th.

But ever feel like you are destined for more? I just felt like I needed to get out of my comfort zone and take that leap of faith.

Well all, this is me leaping... I'll let you all know when I land.

Philippe Halsman's jumpogolgy, Marilyn <3



XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!x