Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Jumpology

Who knew that jumping photo's were not MY idea, but an idea that was done many a moon ago.... and with much more vigor and finesse. But then again can I really compete with the likes of Brigitte Bardot, Salvador Dali, Marilyn Monroe... the list goes on!

Halsmans Jumpology is it ladies and gents and boy am I in love!
Where have these beauties been hiding?!
I think he's become my favourite! A surrealist photographer!
Have any of you heard of him? where have I been hiding?

'Phillippe Halsman had 101 Life covers to his credit when he died in 1979 by his greatest passion has been to photograph jumping people. In 1959, he published Philippe Halsman’s Jump Book (below), which contained a tongue-in-cheek discussion of jumpology and 178 photographs of celebrity jumpers.'






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!x