Friday, July 30, 2010

Serenade your walls.. EEEEEK YAY!

Hi guys,

So I went to Says Who's exhibition last night at Wolves and it rocked! I bought a piece by Lauren Schultz and it is so DAMN gorgeous! It's a beautiful ORIGINAL line ridiculously amazing line drawing of a stag with tiny keys hanging from his antlers. I'm only getting it in a while as it's still up for all to see, but as soon as i do I'll upload a photie of it :) Too beautiful!

So here's something else to get excited about!!!
The 10and5 Poster Project 2010! Here's a brief breakdown!

The 10and5 Poster Project 2010 is the first of our annual initiative of South African designers and artists designing posters guided by one collective theme. This year’s exhibition is called Serenade your Walls, and is a collection of posters designed for 14 local bands.

The project aims to showcase South Africa’s finest local design talent, whilst simultaneously celebrating this country’s lively music scene.

Serenade your Walls features one guest artist from Argentina and 12 local creatives, who will be showing their A1 band posters at the AM I Collective studios in Cape Town on 1st August and Wolves in Johannesburg on 4th August, respectively.

Please join us as we celebrate South Africa’s finest at our exhibition opening with wine, live music and very good design.

Freeekin hell i'm excited! I love Am I Collective!

Not only that, two very good friends of mine, twins Innocent and Justice have done a Van Coke Kartel poster that'll be up. I've had a peek at their work in progress and it looks like it's going to be INSANE ( I muuuuuuuuuuuust have it!)

I've also just realized i've taken next Friday off to prepare for Oppi... Thursday night is going to be GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!x